Monday, August 6, 2007

Update

When I finished my 10 pieces, I still felt like I wanted to continue. I had so much fun working on them and I didn't feel like I was done with the theme.

Deanna Wood - small Waxy Buildup paintings - collage, oil, and encaustic

So I did a bunch of small paintings. They're each about 2" x 4" or so.

I really liked some of the things that happened on these smaller pieces. So when I found out that Trayc had made 13 paintings (she had thought we decided on 12 each and I had thought we decided on 10 each...), I took the opportunity to order some more boards and I'm going to do 3 more pieces.

I have to admit, too, that seeing Trayc's finished pieces made me feel a little self-conscious about a couple of mine that I wasn't really happy with. So I trusted my instincts and redid them.

Here are the updated pieces, still in progress:

Deanna Wood - Home for Your Family - 12" x 12" - collage and encaustic - in progress

Deanna Wood - Duty/Beauty - 12" x 12" - collage and encaustic - in progress

I'm just waiting on Trayc's artist's statement (hint, hint!) and then we're going to send out some proposals!

Update to the update - Here are the two paintings above in their finished states:

Deanna Wood - Home for Your Family - 12" x 12" - collage and encaustic - final

Deanna Wood - Duty/Beauty - 12" x 12" - collage and encaustic - final

No comments: